Monday, July 7, 2014

If at first you don't suceed....Try...Try...Again! - July 7, 2014


"Spring Flowers" - Watercolor - 8x10 - July 2014
"Spring Flowers" was an accident.   I had attended a workshop and was painting a barn on a large piece of paper.   The first one I loved and it's posted in June 2014.   But when I got home and was working with the one inch brush on the second piece, I hated it.   I also hate to waste paper so I decided to turn it over and do some practice painting on the back.   This flower study is one I had done before.   I still need to go back with a smaller brush and add just a few details and darken the middle but overall I was pleased with it.   I love muted colors and more of an impressionistic feel.   This one I will probably finish and frame.    The one below "Flowers" was done in June 2012 from the same study.    It was a favorite at my Art Show and was one of the first to sell.   Guess simpler is better.   I have to agree I loved "Flowers" too.   A project I need to do one day is to drag out all my old "discarded" paintings and do some rework on them.   There might just be a painting there waiting to be discovered!!
"Flowers" - Watercolor - 5x7 - June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment