Thursday, August 11, 2016

Next steps !


While I never seem to have enough time for photography, drawing and painting, I'm always searching out opportunities to learn more and push myself to practice...practice...practice.     I just finished an advanced drawing class at University of West Georgia.   It was M-F for 5 hours a day for a month.  Intense but so much fun.   I've started fall semester with Drawing I and look forward to more sketching.     Next week I'll be taking a pastel class from Karen Margulis on painting skies.    I've enjoyed taking photographs of the sky at different times of the day.    Where I live is so hilly that it's rare to get a good expansive sky photo.   I was recently at Tybee Island, Ga however and there was plenty of wide open space.    These are a few that I've set aside for the workshop next week.     I never got the setting sun bright multi color sky but I'm still look through my photos for some orange and pink.    I've signed up for a photo workshop at Jekyll Island in November 2016.    A beautiful island with such diverse photo opportunities.   Can't wait to do photos, sketches and paintings.









No comments:

Post a Comment