Monday, February 20, 2012

"Marsh" - Pastel with Underpainting - February 2012

These are four of eight pastel papers and underpaintins I tried at a workshop with Karen Margulis on Feburary 19, 2012.    Top left - value underpainting with alchol wash ( I used a deep purple).  Top Right - local color underpainting with alchol wash ( I used the colors that were in the reference photo as under painting).  Bottom left - white pastel paper.   Bottom right - black pastel paper.    The color in the the paintings done with underpainting and alchol wash are richer.   Still want to experiment with this to see how I like it.    We also used watercolr as underpainting.   I've used pastels to finish details on a watercolor but have never used them as underpainting.   I will post the other four when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment