Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Telliquah Covered Bridge - Tennessee - 8x12 - Watercolor - May 2012

Telliquah Covered Bridge - Tennessee - 8x12  Watercolor - May 2012
Watercolor is by far the most challenging medium I've tried.   It truly has a life of it's own.   I haven't quite figured out how to work with it and not against it.   I finally stopped on this one because I notoriously overwork watercolor.   I will be trying this one again to clean up the color.  

Telliquah , however is a great covered bridge.    Telliquah was a haven for the Cherokee.   This bridge was privately built.  It is believed to be the largest privately owned covered bridge in Tennessee and possibly the USA.   Visit this bridge if you are in Tennessee or in the Georgia Blue Ridge area.   It is a short drive from Blue Ridge, GA.    It sits just off the road.   If you walk across the street there is a covered pavilionwith a great view of the bridge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment