Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering Beach Trips and Packing for the Beach - Tybee Island

"Sunny Marsh" - Watercolor - 5x7 - 2012
This painting is one of my favorite watercolors.   I painted this small one at a watercolor workshop on Jekyll Island.   We met at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel in February and painting all day and critiqued at night.    My friend Betty Shows is the owner of this small painting.   

"Tybee Island Lights" - Pastel - 9x12 - 2011
In 2011 I took a personal "painting" retreat to Tybee Island.   I had such fun painting from condo that faced the ocean.  I'd take photos on the beach and paint some each day.   I must have renamed this one for a show because I show "Ocean" being owned by my brother Kenneth Price.
 
 
One of the nice things about painting is remembering the times and places that lead to the painting.   It is extra special when you know that a family or friend has the painting to enjoy.    This year for the beach I plan to leave the pastels and watercolors at home and take my sketch pad and color pencils.   I recently took a drawing class with Susan Gardner Gore and loved it.    I've already got the small bag of materials ready.  It will be something I can take to the beach and sketch by the ocean.   Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment