Sunday, October 18, 2015

Southeastern Pastel Society Members Online Exhibit 2015


Daffodil Morning - Pastel - 9x12 - 2014

 
Online exhibits are a fun way to participate in art shows.   Easy to do from your computer and usually pretty cheap.    I've entered a couple lately.   One thing that I need to invest time and energy into is taking a better photo of each of my paintings.   Frequently I just take out my iphone and snap a quick photo and crop.   I always know when I crop that it's not perfectly flat or straight.    I have a new camera and tripod so "no excuses".    I always have to send or upload a photo of my painting but I didn't pay as much attention to it as I should have until the online exhibits.   Since online is the only way the painting will be seen, its extra important to have the best photo that captures what the painting really "looks" like.   Another skill to work on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment