Sunday, May 22, 2016

Southeastern Pastel Society - Three Day Workshop with Richard McKinley

 
Richard McKinley signing his new book.
This painting was done with an oil paint underpainting.   I don't work in oils but I loved the bold pigment that it created.    It was fun to learn to respond to the underpainting    

This painting has a watercolor underpainting.   I left more of the underpainting and love how it created a lighter effect.

May 20-22, 2016 - Fun long weekend with Richard McKinley painting in pastel.   The Southeastern Pastel Society sponsored this workshop and I was one of the lucky ones to get into this three day event.   I love Richard McKinley's paintings and he is a great teacher.   I learned so much from him.   We listened, watched demos, experimented with different underpainting and techniques, received one on one feedback and painted a ....lot.    I was a productive weekend and a good way to jumpstart a fresh look at painting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment