Thursday, December 8, 2016

Finishing Up With Drawing I at UWG

"The Thinker" - graphite, ebony pencil and paper - December 2016 - Janet Deal
Our final assignment in Drawing I was to stage a photo and make a 8x10 BW print.   We then were charged to do a realistic representation using a grid.   We basically did a 1/2 inch square grid over the entire 8x10 and then transferred the grid to a 1 inch to create a 16 x 20 drawing.    I enjoyed the 1 inch square drawing approach.    The only issues I ran into was the lack of clarity in the photo around the eyes.    Next time I will be more careful with the focus on the important facial features.      My pouting "thinker" pose with the fireplace broom was designed to add some humor to my portfolio!    I'm anxious to try this technique on a photo of my granddaughter.    

No comments:

Post a Comment