Monday, May 19, 2014

Catching Up on Painting - May 2014

 

Catch Up on Painting May 2014 - The year has flown by.   My life has been a little caotic.   It is good to get back to painting.    I was fortunate to have another Art Show this year in April 2014 at Dog River Library.   Thanks to Douglas County Art Guild.   While I rarely get to go to meetings, I am fortunate to be a member of this group that provides opportunities for local artist to share their work. 


"Christmas Home" - Pastel - 9x13 - December 2013


 "Christmas Home" was inspired by a snowstorm during the 1960s at my childhood home in Beulah Community in Douglasville GA.   While I took some liberties with the photo, it is an idealistic view of my only snowman I remember us making as kids.   It was my 2014 Christmas Card. 

  
"Gibbs Gardens - Daffodil Morning - Pastel - 9x13 - May 2014


Gibbs Gardens is a treasure that I found a couple of years ago when I visited with friends.  Located in Ball Ground in North Georgia it is a beautiful place.    A real treat was a visit I made with friends this spring to see the daffodils.    This painting helped me capture a memory but certainly doesn't do the daffodil hillside justice.    My goal is to get back to my daily painting this year and to have 50 new paintings before I do another show. 

Currently I have three paintings in the Douglas County Art Guild Show at the Cultural Arts Center in Douglasville.   "Shady Path", "Pear" and "Christmas Home"







No comments:

Post a Comment