Friday, February 27, 2015

Dog River Library 2015 Art Show Ends

This month was my second Art Show at Dog River Library.   Monthly Art Shows feature local artist from the Douglas County Art Guild and Sweetwater Camera Club.   This year I was pleased to include recent original artwork.    I have been painting for 5 years and have attend many painting workshops and classes.    My goal for 2014 was to create original work from my own reference photos.  This year I initiated my First Annual Valentine's Day Art Sale via email.    It was very successful.   My goal was to reduce the price of some of my older pieces and make room for some new work.   I sold two at the Dog River Show and 6 in the Email Art Show.   In addition, I gave two paintings to my two daughters.    Nice to know the paintings have good homes.

 My newest adventure is photography.   Just bought my first DSLR Camera and I can't wait to start taking photographs.   I've joined the Sweetwater Camera Club and hope to learn from this group and also have some interesting field trips for photography.   

No comments:

Post a Comment