Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Senoia Mill House" accepted to the Southeastern Pastel Society 2015 Members Exhibition

"Senoia Mill House" - Pastel - 9x12 - 2014

Over the last few years I have entered many shows but this is my first exhibit in which the work had to be jurored to even get in the exhibit.    The Southeastern Pastel Society's 2015 Members Exhibition received entries from 89 artists who submitted a total of 235 paintings.   The exhibition juror selected 92 paintings for the exhibition.    PSA Hall of Fame juror, Frank Federico selected the paintings for the exhibition.    The exhibition opens April 16, 2015 at Quinlan Visual Arts Center, Gainesville, GA and runs through June 6, 2015.    
 
Last summer my daughter Anna spent the day driving me around to scenic places in Senoia, GA where she lives.   I took many photographs at Starr's Mill.   It was the inspiration for a number of my paintings.   My interpretation of this scene at the mill house added the wildflower field.   I love the color pairing of yellow, orange and lavender.   The red barn isn't even the destination for me.   I want the anticipated view when the road leads us behind the red barn.    Makes me imagine wonderful things around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment