Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sketching & Entering Art Show

"Mountain Morning" - Pastel - 9x12 - 2014

"Winter Day" - Pastel - 9x12 - 2014
"Quiet Stream" - Pastel - 9x12 - 2014
 
 
Johns Creek Art Show Entry - Just completed my online entry to the Southeastern Pastel Society Johns Creek Art Show.   They really make it easy to enter with the online upload.   Keeping my fingers cross and hoping to be accepted into this show.    I had my first pastel accepted earlier this year into the Southeastern Members Exhibit 2015 at the Quinlan Visual Arts Center.   If I make it into this show, I'll have 5 paintings in exhibits at the same time.   Three at the Douglas County Courthouse Artist Choice Exhibit 2015, one in the NOVAS Douglasville Cultural Arts Council Exhibit 2015.   


 
SKETCH BOOK - Continued
In my Art 1006 class we are required to keep a sketch book.   I'm continuing my sketches with one from a reference photo I took of a barn in Temple, GA earlier in the year.    I've already painting the full barn but I wanted to edit it and capture just a portion of the barn for detail.    Hope to paint this one soon.

"Barn Sketch" - pencil - 8x10 - 2015



 

No comments:

Post a Comment