Sunday, July 15, 2012

Celebrating my 150th painting - Thanks to all my instructors and family and friends for encouragement!!

July 2012 - Learning something new is one of the most exciting things about life.     Painting has been a challenging and satisfying experience.    Something that has given me opportunities to meet new people and see the world through new eyes.   To date I've completed over 150 paintings.   157 to be exact.    Every time I paint I always make a photo of the painting.    I've saved these over the last 2 years.   I started painting in March of 2010 at a pastel workshop with Karen Margulis.    She began the challenge by charging each student to paint 50 paintings.    Over the past years I've logged 134 hours of instruction with artist Karen Margulis, Barbara Jaenicke, Ann Cockerill, Jack Shields, Catherine Hills, Pat Fiorello and Dr. Majid Ejlali.    In addition, I have attended weekly open studio painting classes with Ann Cockerill for part of that time.    I've entered one National Juried show.    Mark of the Potter was entered in an exhibit at the Red Cockerill Gallery.    I've just entered a portrait of my granddaughter in an exhibit at the Red Cockerill Gallery that will show July 28 - August 4, 2012.   Over the years I've given to family and friends 17 paintings.   I've sold one painting.   Thanks to them for their encouragement.   Inspired by my teachers, I've recently started a Plein Air Painting group.   Hopefully over the next year this group will grow.   Another adventure was starting this blog.   To date there are post on painting and also Galleries for 2010, 2011, 2012 and the Plein Air Painting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment