Friday, June 27, 2014

Reminder of the Painting Journey - 2010 to 2014

"Jekyll Island Club Hotel" - Pastel - 9x12 - June 2014

"Jekyll Island Club Hotel I" - Pastel - 9x12 - April 2010
 
Reminder of the Painting Journey -  Since I started painting in 2010, I have kept photos of all my paintings.   The good, bad and ugly alike have been saved to my "All Paintings" file.   I haven't looked back in a while but as I painted the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, I was reminded that it was one of the first images I ever painted.    The paintings above represent a journey from April 2010 - June 2014.   While there are many, many things I am still working on today, I am happy with the journey.   There has been the natural benefit of improving from painting #17 to painting # 192 but there is also the personal joy of painting and reliving experiences.   An added benefit has been the new friends I've made and the "new" way of looking at the world through painting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment