Wednesday, October 29, 2014

25 Paintings Challenge - Day 3 - October 29, 2014

"A Walk By the River" - Pastel - 9x12 - October 2014
Vogel State Park
25 Painting Challenge - Today getting started was easier.   My reference photos were selected for the week.   I had a paper mounted to foam board ready to go.   I did the thumb nail sketch and selected colors for under painting and the painting.   I decided to do an alcohol under painting.    The day came to an end and I had been back and forth to the painting. I was not happy with it!    I decided to take a photo of the painting which is my usual practice when I finished.   I knew I wasn't finished but in the spirit of making myself move forward I took a shot.    It actually helped me better clarify my next steps.   The shore line is to straight, the tree are to uniform, color scheme does not work.    I like the shape and feel of the piece however and will tackle the completion tomorrow.    So glad I mounted an assortment of sizes on foam board.    Since I will be finishing this one tomorrow, I will do a small study for my Day 4 painting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment