Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Revisiting Watercolor

Christ Church - 5x7 - Watercolor - 2015
With all the great photos of St. Simons Island, it is hard to decide where to start!   I decided to revisit watercolor with the reference photo of Christ Church.   I've been waking up at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. for years.   Several weeks ago, I turned on the TV(which is not my usual behavior)!   I decided I didn't want to get up and I'd explore CREATE network.   I love this channel!   Jerry Yarnell was doing watercolor on his show Paint This.    He was like a magician working with the watercolors.   He has an online course that I'm considering.    When I first started painting in 2010, I signed up for a watercolor class.   The instructor had to cancel the class and I search for another opportunity.  I found a pastel class and with few exceptions I've been painting pastel ever since.   But........I always seem to come back to watercolor.   The set up is so easy I think I'll start doing some practice each day on small watercolors.    I'm also going to paint this is pastel.   I wanted it to be my Christmas card this year but I'm not sure I can pull that off in time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment