Monday, January 25, 2016

Charcoal Sketch - Sloss Furnace

Sloss Furnace - 18x24 - Charcoal - January 2016
It's been a crazy week.    Ive been sick all week with a respiratory infection.   I so hate to have to drop my class but it's not looking good.  I'll see what doc says today at my follow up appointment.     I dug through some of my favorite photos today to find something to sketch, since I've been out of it for a few days.    I love the Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, AL.    I've done numerous sketches of this area and I found the charcoal to be a perfect medium.   The vine charcoal is so light and easy to smooth over.    This one was quick...like less than a couple of minutes quick but it was fun to sketch some.    One thing I've got to get out is my larger easel.   I did this sketch flat.   It's hard to draw from your shoulder and make big strokes when you work flat.    

No comments:

Post a Comment